Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Christmas in July" Layout Challenge Entry

I finished another challenge entry for Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium (OWSE)
"Christmas in July" event.  This challenge was pretty easy:  create a Christmas layout using three pieces of designer paper.  Here's what I came up with, a double page layout with my family on one side and hubby's on the other:
The details:

--I used four different papers in the layout.  The base pages were 12 x 12 Bo Bunny "Noel Traditions".  This is a really nice vintage looking paper. 
--The heading was cut out on my Cricut and SCAL using a SVG file I had collected (sorry, I don't know who's this is).  The shadow layer was a plain green cardstock.  The top letters were cut from a green linen patterned paper (from a huge collection that I don't know the name of).  I then used Distress Inks (Forest Moss, Pumice Stone and a touch of Vintage Photo) and a water pen to shade the letters (and around and under the letters onto the plain cardstock).  Once it was dry, I added Old Paper Distress Stickles over each letter.  This really gave it that old vintage glittered look.
--The star at the top left was layered with the same papers as the heading, Distress Inked and Old Paper Stickled.  I then added the sparkle brad and lifted the whole piece off of the paper with a pop dot.
--The brackets on each page were cut with the Cricut and SCAL out of Graphic 45's "The Holly & The Ivy" paper.  I printed each description on cream cardstock and attached to the bracket piece.
--The embellishments to the right of the tree consist of another sparkle brad, "25" from Tim Holtz's Salvage Seasonal Stickers and the top piece which I created.
All I did was take a punch out from the Graphic 45 paper stack and then glue it to a punched circle and a punched scalloped circle.  I added the Old Paper Stickles to the green paper and used Glossy Accents to make the punched art look dimensional.
--At the bottom left of the page, I used smaller cuts of the stars from the heading and stamped on the year in Forest Moss Distress Inks.  Then I accented the stamping with Glossy Accents.  The stars are also lifted up with pop dots.

No comments: