Friday, October 7, 2011

"Joy" Snowflake Christmas Card

If you've jumped over from the Card A Day Blog post....WELCOME! 
I hope you'll take a peek around and consider becoming a follower.

Today I'm featuring a card with a snowflake theme. 
Actually, I started out planning on doing just one card
(to be featured on the "Card A Day BLOG, which I design for)
but I got carried away making the background papers 
and had enough to do three different, but similar themed cards. 
Be sure to check back for details on the other two cards. 
I'll be posting the details over the next few days.

"Joy" Snowflake Card
I used two of the embossing techniques I learned from the recent
"Inspiration Showcase" online class on this card.
Here are the design details:
1.  Base (3.75" x 5") of the card is glossy cardstock that was embossed with the snowflake embossing folder and then the raised portions were sanded until the gloss was removed.  With blue chalk ink, I pressed the ink all over the design.  You can see it was darkest on the sanded raised portions.  There is just a hint of the blue on the glossy portions of the paper.
2.  The top portion is made from 2" x 4" white cardstock.  I took snowflake stamps (Peachy Keen) and stamped with Versamark.  I applied clear embossing powder and then heated to melt the EP.
Next I used Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and pressed it onto the paper.  I lightly buffed off where the snowflakes were embossed and then spritzed with pearlized water.  After it was completely dry, I attached it to the base paper.
3.  I attached the snowflake ribbon with Glossy Accents.
4.  I painted the chipboard snowflake with pearl acrylic paint and after it was dry, also used Glossy Accents to adhere it over the ribbon.
5.  I stamped Broken China Distress ink letters on white cardstock, punched the circles and then used Glossy Accents to stick them to the ribbon. 
6.  Finally, I used white opal Liquid Pearls in the center of the snowflakes and on the points of the chipboard snowflake. 

This card is entered into the following Challenges:

11 comments:

Doreen said...

beautiful christmas card. Very nice. I love the color combo.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week
Doreen

pinky said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
Pinky

Anonymous said...

These are just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Paper Squirrel said...

Very pretty! Love the soft colors. Such great techniques on this too!

Inkypinkycraft said...

A really soft coloured and pretty card. Thanks for playing at anything goes challenge this week trace x

Creative Genie said...

Love this card, Cindy, so many fun techniques. And wasn't that a great class -- I took it as well!

Sue U said...

Gorgeous cards Cindy! Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink this week
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Very pretty !

Tina Campbell said...

A fantastic card, love the way it turned out.

Mandy said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Cindy, I love how you've made your own dp.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our sparkle & bling challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Unknown said...

Another blue themes are looks in here but i want to need some pink and white combination color of the card collection !!!
clear cards
print loyalty card