Saturday, October 15, 2011

"Merry Christmas" Snowflake Card

Today I'm showcasing the last of the snowflake themed Christmas cards I made. 
This card used the same techniques as the previous cards,
so I'll just do a brief description...
Base of the card (5.5" x 8.5") is again white cardstock that was stamped with Versamark and embossed with white EP.  Then I pressed Broken China Distress Ink onto the paper, sprayed with pearlized water and buffed off the stamped images with a dry cloth.
 Down the center of the card I glued a piece of silver ribbon.  I then cut two other pieces of white cardstock.  On one (3" x 4") I did the same technique as the base but used Tumbled Glass DI.  Once it was dry I punched small snowflakes from foil tape and added them to the top of the trees.  On the center tree I added a clear gem and on the other trees (and on various snowflakes) I added White Opal Perfect Pearls.  I used the other piece of cardstock (3.25" x 4.25") as a mat.  These were adhered together and then over the ribbon.  I cut another piece of ribbon, tied it into a bow and glued under the matted portion.  Finally I cut two oval pieces of cardstock using my Coluzzle.  The top piece is a coordinating color of cardstock.  To that I added the silver foil "Merry Christmas" sticker.  The bottom mat piece is white cardstock.  These were adhered together and then to the card.
This card is entered into the following Challenges:

6 comments:

Michelle B. said...

Beautiful colors, love the blue w/silver and white! Great job on the techniques! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments!

Susie said...

Lovely colours- love the background! Thanks for joining our Monochrome challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

2amscrapper said...

great technique. I just love that Broken China color

Jessie/knightrone said...

Very pretty!! Thank you SO MUCH for playing along with this week's Ribbon Carousel challenge!!!

Black Cat Antiques said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for the great ideas and techniques!

Scrappy said...

Fab card! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments this week! We hope you will join us again soon!