Thursday, May 10, 2012

Scrapbook Page: First Challenge

Glad you stopped in for day nine of 10 days of scrapbook layouts!
Today I'm showing a page that I made to remember my very first challenge win.  In the summer of 2010 I was recovering from major surgery and since I had more free time than usual, decided to try something new--enter a challenge!  I actually designed two projects but the one that took third place in Vintage Image Craft's "Witch Crafts Halloween Creative Challenge" was this paint bucket I altered.  At the time I was so excited that I took pictures of the screen showing my project.  Who knew that only a few months later I'd have a blog and start entering (and sometimes winning) lots of challenges!  If you currently don't enter challenges, you really should.  It definitely stretches your creative abilities!  My favorite place to check out daily challenges is FELINE PLAYFUL.
Below is a close up of my heading.  I usually like to "shadow" my letters but for this layout, I already had a black background so that wasn't going to work.  Instead I used stamps (screen, spider web & cracks) on the letters of each of the words.  I think that this really added something special to them.
Hope to see you back tomorrow for the last layout!

2 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Now that is a good idea. Nice job

Paper Squirrel said...

Very cute!