Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bon Voyage Card

I'm today's featured designer over at CARD A DAY BLOG and the theme this week is "Travel".  I designed this card with my parents in mind.  They are in their 70's and are blessed with the health and means to travel.  In September they are taking a river cruise through Russia so this vintage style card will be a perfect send off for them.

Details:
  • I used the bold black, red and white travel paper for the background.  This was a scrap so I'm sorry that I don't have the paper name for you.  To tone it down, I used Black Soot Distress Ink, darker around the edges and fading in intensity as I went to the center.
  • The images are from Crafty Secret Creative Scraps "Travel".  I layered the ship with black, red and black scrap paper.  I hand cut the "Traveler" label and then layered it over an oval (cut with the Coluzzle) black mat.  To give it a "plaque" look, I added dots of Silver Liquid Pearls. 

  • I used my new Spellbinders "Ribbon Banners" die to create the label.  I shaded it with Black Soot and Barn Door Distress  Markers then softened with the water pen.  I hand cut the black mat behind it. 
  • The sentiment is from TJ Designs "Bathing Beauties".
This card has been entered into the following Challenges:


8 comments:

Paper Squirrel said...

Love the color scheme!

lauren bergold said...

what a totally cool, totally beautiful "BON VOYAGE" card! love it! ♥

Tina Campbell said...

Love this card you did a fantastic job on it!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love the fun element as well as your design, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous card ... I love the ship ... Your parents will really love this card too ... hope they have a terrific time... many thanks for playing at CCCB

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Great Cunard image and design! Best wishes to your parents!

Carla said...

What a neat card! Love the image. Thanks so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash this week!

Linda R said...

Your card look wonderful. Love the fun design.. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!