Monday, September 10, 2012

Creative Cutting Challenge Begins with Saddle Up Card

Well, after months of planning, today is the very first 
Challenge--ANYTHING GOES-- over at my sister site.  

I've mentioned before that I decided to start this new blog as I love to enter challenges and couldn't find any challenge blogs specific to SVG projects.  (In the last month, I've been made aware that there are a few others out there, but I figure, the more the merrier!)  Even if you don't use SVG files, please pop over as the Design Team has created some awesome projects that will inspire everyone.
Bookmark or Follow at CREATIVE CUTTING CHALLENGE.

Now on to my CCC Design Team Submission.
 I used two of my newest SVG files, SHERIFF'S BADGE FREEBIE and SADDLE UP SET to create this western themed birthday card.
I used a square from a patchwork denim sheet of designer paper as the base.  Over that I layered a strip of bandanna designer paper that I scallop cut on the top edge using decorative scissors.  Inside the scallops, I added small dots of Picket Fence Distress Stickles.
The bottom and sides of the papers were distressed using Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.  I went over the stitch lines with a white gel pen so that they wouldn't get lost where I had distressed.  
I cut the SVG heading out of blue and black cardstock.  The top blue portion was embossed, sanded and shaded with DI. I added more white gel pen stitching on the letters. Using my Distress Tool, I roughed up the edges of the black layer and then took a craft knife to scratch the inner portion for an even shabbier look. 
SVG cowboy diecut was positioned to "hold" the white cord lasso, which I attached using scant amounts of Glossy Accents.  For the Sheriff Star SVG, I broke the file apart to get a plain top which I cut out of white cardstock.  I then used my computer program and printer to add the sentiment.   Using DI, I added shading around the star and then with a ruler and Faded Jeans Distress Marker, I added the outline.  The middle layer is cut from gray CS and I added a third shadow layer with black CS.

I hope you'll check out all the great SVG projects from the Design Team.

Enter your own SVG project and you could win a $5 Gift Certificate 
for SVGs from The Creative Pointe STORE

This card is entered into the following Challenges:
Platypus Creek--#15 Let's Celebrate Birthdays.

2 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

This is just to cute of a card! My husband loves westerns and I may have to lift this idea next year

Anonymous said...

This card is SO CUTE!!! Love the dimension of the word!!!!!!!!