Monday, September 24, 2012

Halloween Test Tube Holder

Velcome to my LA-Boratory!   
I had lots of fun creating this creepy crawly test tube holder for the second challenge over at CREATIVE CUTTING CHALLENGE.  The theme for this two week challenge is "HALLOWEEN--NOT A CARD".  I hope you'll play along if you use SVG (or similiar files) in your crafting.  Pop over to the challenge blog for rules and be sure to check out the 12 projects the Design Team has for you---you'll be in awe!

To create this piece, I used a test tube holder file from Creations By AR .  The hole in the original file was too big so I made it smaller and also created arched pieces to go behind the test tube.  I used the heaviest black cardstock I could find to cut the holder.  You definitely need a 12 x 12 piece and you have to turn the file to get it to fit.  I also used scraps of Halloween paper for the bottom, distressing the sides with Black Soot Distress Ink.  With scraps of yellow cardstock, I stamped the spiderweb on the inner arch, stamped the calendar and cut part of the BOO heading.  The heading and spider are from my newest freebie-- BOO SPIDER FREEBIE.  

The BOO sign is in a Tim Holtz Memo Pin which is stuck into the cork.
I added yellow Stickle eyes to the spider and attached him to the test tube using a glue dot.
Finished off the bottom with a ribbon and then filled with candy.  A sweet and spooky Halloween treat!
I entered this project into the following Challenges:

10 comments:

Paper Squirrel said...

Super cute and spooky! The perfect Halloween treat. Heading over to grab that free Boo SVG right now!

Unknown said...

totally adorable!

Anonymous said...

OMG...I LOVE this and Candy Corn is one of my favorite goodies!!!!

Shelley Menhennet said...

Wow! What a clever idea! I hope you win the challenges!

Lisa H said...

Very cute!

Tina Campbell said...

What a really cute idea! The Boo sentiment looks like a fantastic cut!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a great idea to pin the Boo in the cork! Love how you used the calendar mixed with the other papers.

Beverly Sager said...

How cute and fun!

lady jasmine crafts said...

?Cute thanks for joying us at craftymess. xx

Beccalite said...

What a great idea, love the colours and images.

Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with us at Craftymess.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx