Sunday, October 7, 2012

Reindeer Resist Card

Tomorrow I will be the guest designer over at CARD A DAY BLOG.  I'm posting early as my DT post for Creative Cutting Challenge has to go then.  So you get a sneak peek at this card which was made for this week's "Christmas Animals" theme.  

The main focus for this card is a piece of sticky back canvas (Claudine Hellmuth Studio) that I stamped (Inkadinkado--Christmas) with Versamark and embossed with white EP.  I took Faded Jeans Distress Ink and rubbed the pad all over the canvas, even using the blending tool to get the color nice and dark.  Then I took pearlized water and spritzed the canvas until the DI blended nicely. 
Once the canvas was dry, I stuck it to the base paper (K & Company BW Evergreen stack) and zig zag stitched around the edges.  I added a snowflake element (K & Company--Very Merry Snowflakes) and to carry through the glittering, I added silver Stickles on the design's snowflakes.  To add the banner, I stamped the sentiment (Hero Arts--Holiday Sayings) on a strip of white cardstock with Faded Jeans DI and lightly edged with Tumbled Glass DI.  Finished by lightly distressing the edges of the card with Faded Jeans DI.

 Here's a tip to get a nice "V" on your banner:
Take your square punch (Paper Shapers) and insert the banner as shown.  
Punch and you've got a perfect "V"!

Card is entered into the following Challenges:
SIMON SAYS--GLIMMER AND SPARKLE
HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE--GLITTER AND BLING

5 comments:

Paper Squirrel said...

Genius tip on making banner points! Love the canvas treatment on this card too...looks a little like blue jeans.

Jennifer said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful card love the 2 contrast colors. Love the resist look on a card and thanks for the tip

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Cindy, the image is beautiful and I love the colours you've used.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Says
hugs Mandy xx

Just Laury said...

Super card and technique! Thank you for posting!