Monday, October 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Card DT Project

The theme for the next two weeks over at CREATIVE CUTTING CHALLENGE is "Thanksgiving".  For my Design Team project, I created a card using the turkey and heading SVG from my THANKSGIVING SET THREE.  
The details:
* I used Kraft cardstock (5.25" x 8.5") as the base.  I distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink
* I stamped the turkey tracks (Inkadinkado) along the left edge with Sepia Archival Ink.
* I used a piece of decorative paper (MME Lost & Found) behind the turkey, again distressing the edges.  I used the corner rounding punch on the bottom left edge.
* I cut the outline of the turkey with solid brown cardstock and the body of the turkey with a patterned brown paper.  The feet were cut with yellow cardstock.
* The feathers were created using Stickles:  Lime Green, Starry Night, Copper, XMas Red, Orange Peel, Platinum, Patina, Yellow, Tattered Rose, Peeled Paint and Fired Brick.
* The eye is a dot of Black Soot Stickles
* The heading was cut using brown and cream cardstock.  I shaded and distressed with Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.  I then used a Vintage Photo Distress Marker to outline the letters and add the wavy lines.
* I used Glossy Accents over the "Happy" script to give it dimension.




1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Love this! What a really cool way to use stickles (I'll have to keep that in my memory tank) Love the way the scroll turned out