Monday, June 24, 2013

Mother's Day Card: Better Late Than Never!

As I was cleaning up my desk top I came across a few things I've forgotten to share.  Besides the cards from Janis you saw yesterday, I realized I never posted the card I made for my Mom for Mother's Day.  I had a lot of fun creating this for her as she is an avid quilter/sewer.  I used stamps from Stamper's Anonymous (Haberdashery) as the main focus and accented with a flourish stamp in the upper right corner and a "Mother" ribbon at the bottom.  I broke out some vintage lace and attached it with that do-it-all, Glossy Accents.  I also used a good coat of GA on top of the ribbon stamping to give it dimension. 
I added a little bit of Stickles to the top of the flowers to give them some shine.  Stickles were also used to border the center image.  Even though it's a "Mother's Day" card, the design could be used for any occasion.

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful vintage looking card, thanks for finding it and sharing it.