Friday, August 30, 2013

Scrapbook Layout: Mackinac Island

On this Labor Day travel weekend, it's fitting to show off a layout of one of the most beautiful places in the country to visit--Mackinac Island, Michigan.  Last year we had the good fortune to once again spend a weekend there.  For this layout I used vacation paper from Cloud 9 Design "Trvl Chitchat".   
 Title and embellishments are stickers from Color bok.   I also used coordinating paper from them for the banner strips.  The large "ribbon" accent is actually a coaster from the restaurant we ate at!
Entered Into the Following Challenges:
LEJ DESIGNS--HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL
MAKE MY MONDAY--ANYTHING BUT A CARD
COME AND GET IT--LET'S GO ON A HOLIDAY

5 comments:

Cumbrianlass said...

A fabulous scrapbook page, and it looks as if its a great place to visit
Thanks for joining us at the lejdesigns Challenge
Janet

crafty-stamper said...

brilliant scrapbook pages -love the B.paper and beautiful photos-thanks for joining us at Lej designs
Carol T x

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Very nice layout for your short trip. Thanks for playing with us at Come and Get It this week.
Cindy DT

scrapn said...

I love Mackinac Island! I took my family there when my daughter was 3 (she is 15 now). She informed me that she wanted to take ballet when we were at the fort there. (she is a dancer now). -- I wanted to go again this summer, but DH didn't want to go. I should have gone! I hope things have changed since we went there last. I was not impressed with the Grand Hotel not letting us in to see the lobby. When I was a kid we went in & saw the dining room & ran across the porch. Some things should not change!

Anonymous said...

Great Layout, looks really nice in Mackinac, thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs, good luck with your entry, DT Mandz xox