Monday, January 20, 2014

Valentines Owl Card

New "Valentine's Day" Challenge over at my sponsored challenge blog Creative Cutting Challenge.  For my submission, I created this cute owl card.  I used one of my newest files, Valentines Owl, to create the card.

To make my card, I dove deep into my scrap box and picked out different patterned pink papers   Once all the pieces were cut, I shaded them with Distress Marker and a water pen.  The highlighted areas were created using the Picket Fence DM.   Various Stickles were used to add glitter and shine on the branch, leaves and owl.  I typed out the sentiment (Bradley Hand) using my computer program and ran the journaling balloon through the printer.   The border was punched (EK Sucess "Swirl") on plain pink paper and added below the heart designer paper. To hide the seam, I used black/white checked fabric tape (Maya Road).  To add the pink ribbon, I cut a small slit just below the fabric tape and pulled it through.  Everything was assembled and attached to white cardstock.

Don't forget to check out all the great Design Team "Valentine's Day" inspiration over at CREATIVE CUTTING CHALLENGE.  If you are an electronic cutter who uses SVG or similar files, I hope you'll join in the challenge....we want to see your creations and you just might become a winner!

10 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Oh cool card, the owl is so cute n her pink feathers :) Love your border on the card too

Gerda said...

What a super cute card! I love the adorable owl! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

DT-Member SCT
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Ann said...

Such a sweet owl - and I love all the pink! Thanks for sharing with us at My Time To Craft!

Unknown said...

I love the owl card, great job so super cool.

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Hi, Cindy: Your Valentine Card is so fun. Glad you entered the Simply Create Too "Valentine's Day or Hearts" Challenge #53.

Remember, you can enter 3 of your creations in this challenge.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Love this cute Owl image gorgeous pink creation.

Thanks for sharing with us at "In Th Pink chall"

smiles Christine C x this time

Sandra said...

Such an adorable card! Love the cute pink owl and the sentiment is so darling too! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Kellie 0:) said...

Love the cute pink owl. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

Connie Fossenier said...

Owls are my favorite...and yours has such character...found you on simon says.

Tina Campbell said...

Congrats Cindy looks like your the winner over at Jo's Scrap Shack :)