Tuesday, March 11, 2014

LWD Tuesday Tool Review: Ranger-The Melting Pot

Welcome to another "Tuesday Tool Review" that I've prepared as a DT member for Lone Wolf Designs.  Today I'm featuring a favorite fun tool of mine...The Melting Pot.  There are lots of things you can do with TMP (check out Ranger's "Melt Art Mania" videos) but my favorite thing is to use it for is making embellishments. 
I have various molds that I use with white, clear (color added), gold, black and platinum UTEE.    It's so simple!  Just dial up TMP to the UTEE setting,  add the UTEE (and color if desired), melt and pour into a mold.  It hardens in minutes and your embellishment is ready to go--custom made for your project.   
With the roses pictured above, I added Garnet Heat-It ink to the UTEE.  The large rose was made with clear UTEE and I think it looks like red jelly candy.  The middle rose was made with white UTEE and the same Garnet ink,  making a pretty pink opaque rose.  The smallest rose was made with gold UTEE.  
I made the bulldog head and heart button molds from my own objects....very easy to do as well!
EDIT:  The frozen charlotte mold can be found at Articus Studio
A heat proof craft mat is very handy to have with TMP.  You can pour a puddle of UTEE on a texture plate for a cool embellishment or pour the UTEE right on the craft mat and use cookie cutters to make shapes.
And don't be afraid to experiment!  If you mess something up, just pop it back in TMP and start again.
I also use my TMP with shrink plastic and clear UTEE.  It gives the piece a faux porcelain look.
Remember this project?  The base and flowers were shrink plastic placed in TMP and clear UTEE.

I hoped you enjoyed this Tool Review!  You can find the Ranger--The Melting Pot, UTEE, Texture Treads, Heat-It Inks and much more for your crafting projects at 25% Off MSRP at Lone Wolf Designs, LLC.  All you have to do is join the LWD Discount Retail Sales Facebook group.  If you haven't joined us yet, you're paying too much for your craft supplies!


3 comments:

mamablitger said...

Thank you for sharing your results playing with this lovely stuff.. Really need to give it a try.... Some day soon.... Sigh... Lol
Can I ask where did you buy the doll mold or which brand is it ??
In advance thank you for any help.
Thanks again for sharing !!
Hugs from SPAIN

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

The frozen Charlotte mold can be found from Articus Studio:
http://www.articusstudiodesign.com/frozen_charlotte_doll_mold_dolls_products.html

mamablitger said...

Thank you so very much for your reply. Sorry it took so long to get back to you...I do love your work so much !. Hugs from SPAIN