Monday, April 28, 2014

Shabby Stenciled Rose Mother's Day Card

Time for another SVG challenge over at Creative Cutting Challenge.  This fortnight the theme is "Mother's Day Cards" and the card above is my submission.  I used a new file, "Stenciled Rose Card Front" that you can get Here
 This file makes it super easy to put together a lovely card for any occasion.  There are several layers so you can get creative with the flower.  The ribbon slide can be sized to fit your width of ribbon and personalized for the recipient.  Now on to the details about this card.
I have to admit that this extremely grungy look was NOT what I started out to create.  In fact, the card was totally done in a "lightly" distressed style and I was working on stamping the inside when a spot of ink on my finger got on the front---oh no!!  Well I certainly didn't want to start over and trying to wipe off the ink with a baby wipe was a total fail.  So, I figured I've got nothing to lose at this point.  I got out the sanding block and went to town.  I also added much more Distress Ink (which I had originally used to shade and highlight the rose and stem).  I made sure to tear and distress the edges of the background paper and after all this abuse, I was actually happier with the card!  A surprising but happy outcome.  Not the usual scenario in my studio!  lol  Below is a look at the little ladybug charm I added to the ribbon.
If you use an electronic cutter, I hope you'll join in the "Mother's Day Card" Challenge and show us your SVG creations! Just click Here for information.
Entered Into the Following Challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow #85--Tic Tac Toe  (bling (charm)-ribbon-die cut)

2 comments:

Redanne said...

I think I would call your playing with the Distress Inks a happy accident! Thank you for joining in our Spring Flowers challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

Samantha A. said...

This came out lovely! What a wonderful card for a Mother! :)

Thanks for sharing at Hiding in My Craft Room!
Samantha – HIMCR DT
Designs by Sammy