Monday, November 17, 2014

First Christmas Layout

A two page layout I did for my little Gus who celebrated his first Christmas with us last year.  Yes, he has his own scrapbook album (which I've been trying to bring up to date), just like his other bully brothers and sister!   
This layout is my DT submission for the latest Creative Cutting Challenge--"Christmas--Not A Card".  I hope that if you also use an electronic cutting machine and software to create with that you'll join us.  Even if you don't, you really need to click over and see all the awesome DT projects.  Lots of Christmas inspiration there!
Here's the left hand page.  I used sparkly poinsettia paper and added a cut file Poinsettia to accent the page.
I cut the layers from the file and distressed with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I used the fine point of the Walnut Stain Distress Marker to add the veining.  Green and yellow Stickles were added to the center and I wiped a bit on the petals and leaves.
Another wonderful reason for using electronic files---you can make them the exact size you want or need for any project!  This was actually the second poinsettia I had created as I wasn't happy with the size of the first.  (Didn't go to waste either--saved for another project)
Here's a closer look at the right hand page.  The heading letters were from a long stashed piece of scrapbook alphabet letters.  I added Stickles to the letters to add sparkle.  'Cause you can never have too much sparkle on a Christmas layout, right?!!
See the list below for easy links to some of the products I used to create this layout.
View blog post for supplies

3 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Awwww this is so cute :) yep, mine got their own album too! Now I got to find Buddy's first Christmas pictures to scrap and Jake's too. I agree one nice thing about the files is you can size them down and they cut beautifully.

Anonymous said...

love the layout! It's fabulous and the poinsettia is the perfect embellishment! Die Cutting allows so much diversity....

Marina said...

I sometimes worry about svg cut poinsettas looking a bit flat but yours looks full of life and texture because of how you've added ink and glitter and layered it up. Looks great on your lovely layout.