One of the gifts I received last weekend was this cute little card kit from K&Company. It came with 8 cards, 8 envelopes and 8 die cuts. It also had a sheet of rub on sentiments that I didn't notice until I was all done! Since I wanted to make cards with some of my "Girls Weekend" time, it was a perfect gift! I've seen these before and thought to myself, "Why would I need these? I've got lots of paper at home". Well, I've changed my mind! With this little set it was super easy to add some bits and pieces to the pretty bases and create some really beautiful (and coordinated) cards. I'm going to start looking for deals on these from now on!
Here's the first of the eight cards.
For this one, I punched (Martha Stewart) a border and ovals (Stampin' Up) from scrap paper. The bottom oval was embossed/distressed and the top oval stamped (Hero Arts). I punched the dragon fly (EK Success) from the same brown cardstock but distressed it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and added black Liquid Pearl body accents. The sentiment (Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz) was placed on the kit's die cut with Sepia Archival Ink.
I gently folded the wings up a bit and attached only the body to the card with adhesive.
Card number two is for an anniversary. For this card, I punched (EK Success) scrap cardstock and then book pages and added them over a scrap strip of blue/gray paper. The edges were distressed and I also added some blue distress ink here and there in the centers of each square. The butterfly was a craft embossed die cut I was given. I distressed it with Walnut Stain ink and then added Forever Blue and Perfect Pearl Perfect Pearls. I simply drew on the body with a black Sharpie. The sentiment was stamped with Watering Can Archival Ink on the kit's die cut. Funny note: I had to add the pearls as the word "tombstones" was unfortunately centered in the bottom of that right square! Note to self...pay more attention when using book pages! lol
The last card I'm going to show you today is this Happy Birthday version.
Here I used two coordinating scrap pieces of cardstock and again punched ovals (Stampin' Up). The sentiment was stamped with Sepia Archival ink.
To create the butterfly, I took a Monster soft drink can, cut it open, then used the butterfly Movers and Shapers die with my Big Shot. I had cut several of these and had them ready and waiting for a project like this To add dimension, I used a stylus to crease the wings where they met the body. Various alcohol inks were added for color.
I attached the butterfly with glue dots.
I'll show you the rest of the cards next week!
Entered Into the Following Challenges: