Thursday, December 24, 2015

Multi-Media Peacock Ornament

My niece plays on a club sport ultimate Frisbee team at college and their team's name is the Raging Peacocks.  So for her Christmas ornament, I created this multi-media piece which of course, features a peacock!  Using a scrap piece of wood, I first attached a book page using matte medium.  Next I painted the sides and around the edges.  I stamped the image (Inkadinkado) onto tissue paper using Archival Ink, fussy cut it out and glued it down with more matte medium.  I COULD have stamped directly onto the book page, but I really wanted the image to show up well.
I searched for an appropriate saying and found this Mark Wahlberg quote from the movie, "The Other Guys":  I'm a peacock Captain!  You gotta let me fly!  After printing the quote with a laser printer, I painted the background, added lines with a Sharpie, cut the pieces out and glued them down with more matte medium.
The peacock has tons of sparkle (hard to photograph) thanks to various colors of Stickles I applied.  To fill the space in the lower right, I rubbed on the circle elements and then added ivory Liquid Pearl dots. I used matching color beads and wire to create the hanger.
My niece is an artist and loves funky things.  I hope that she likes this one-of-a-kind ornament that I made just for her!


No comments: