Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Image Transfer Technique on Trays

I've been wanting to do some image transferring for a very long time.  I finally got the chance last weekend and I'm thrilled with the results.  Here are two of my projects. 
There are many ways to transfer images--gel medium, Mod Podge, wax paper and lots more.  I've tried a few of them and the results were so-so.  But recently I checked out a link that The Graphics Fairy posted about a gentleman (TheCrafsMan) who image transferred using poly acrylic.  I was intrigued.  His project was done on wood and came out beautifully but I wondered if it would work on metal.  Specifically metal trays that were chalk painted.  I selected two designs from The Graphics Fairy, Fish Sign and Pig Sign.   As you can see, this technique works great!  I'm working on a few others that I'll share with you soon.  
EDIT:
Very honored to say that these trays were featured on 
See the post HERE


1 comment:

Doreen said...

Visiting from The Graphics Fairy. Your tray upcycles are beautiful. I use vintage graphics on many of my projects. I would love for you to check my blog out at https://alteredartworks.wordpress.com/ and let me know if you visit. Now following you here and Pinterest.

Doreen @ Altered Artworks