Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Creative Celebration: It's Great to Get Gifts!

While I can't say that I'm too thrilled about turning 50 on Saturday, there is one up side to the whole birthday thing:  GIFTS!  And because I spent the weekend with my creative sisters and BFF, I got some awesome crafty and handmade things that I wanted to share with you.  And if you scroll down to the next post, I'm giving YOU a gift too---a Free SVG File!
This awesome book is from BFF Sue and has lots of great ideas for making vintage looking art.  I LOVE it!  She said she found it at Hobby Lobby.  Sue loves everything vintage and is a decorating genius.  She can scrapbook like nobody's business too! 
Sue is also a fantastic estate and thrift shopper so she gave each of us some of her finds...a packet of vintage sheet music to use in our creative endeavors.  Can you see what the title of the top piece is?  "The Bull-Dog On the Bank".  And with it is a bulldog bank I bought for myself this weekend at Pottery Barn.  Coincidence?  I think not!
Sue made me this beautiful yarn scarf.  I had been hearing about these so I was excited to get one and in my favorite colors too! 
This sweet little wreath is made out of square bits of wool sweaters.  Another unique gift from Sue.  (I also got Christmas gifts from her because I haven't seen her since October)
I got lots of new stamps from Sue and my sister Vic.  Can't wait to use them!
Sue also gifted me with a Yankee Candle, wine, and a bag of joke gifts.  One of the bags she used for all the gifts was this reusable one from JoAnn's. 
My sister Vic is an extremely talented papercrafter and artist.  She made me a beautiful multi-media "Spring" Canvas.  She wants to put it on her own future blog so I can't share it yet.  Hopefully soon because it is stunning!  She also made lovely little wooden tags for each of us.  So charming!
My sister Jen gave me this beautiful set of "New Mittens From Old Sweaters".  So appropriate since I drove through a huge snowstorm on my way home from our weekend! 
I also got some neat vintage-y charms from Jen.  While she didn't make these she is an awesome jewelry artist who has sold her work in museum shops and on Etsy.
Jen also found something "bulldog" related to give me...these cool shorts from Old Navy!

Creative Celebration week continues until Saturday.  Make sure to scroll down to the next post to pick up your free SVG file.  And if you're a Follower click HERE to register to win the Creative Celebration Blog Candy--a Digital Camera! 
--Cindy

2 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

Fun gifts. Those little charms are sweet and the mittens.

Erin Glee said...

Wow~so many nice gifts... I hope I score that much when I turn the big 5-OH! in November!