Monday, February 21, 2011

Creative Weekend--Day 1

I'm so excited to share my creative weekend with all of you! 
On Friday I loaded up my car and headed south to the big city.  Picked up my sister Jen and then met my other sister Vic and BFF Sue in Troy (a suburb of Detroit) for our first creative stop: MY CRAFT ROOM .  This is an awesome store that has a little bit of everything.  I got some great Graphic 45 Steampunk papers as well as the Tim Holtz Seasonal Paper Stack I'd been looking for.  I was thrilled to find the Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi-Medium too.  The ladies working there were so pleasant and helpful.  Makes me sad that there are so few locally owned craft/art stores around any more.

Next stop was THE PAPER HOLLOW.  Lots of stickers and cardmaking supplies.  Cheryl was kind enough to draw us a map to other scrapbook stores in the area and we hit the road.  Along the way we made detours into a few thrift stores.  Unfortunately luck wasn't on my side and I didn't find a thing.  
The girls went paper crazy at SCRAPBOOK TREE & STAMP GARDEN.   I have never seen so much paper!  Check out the photo of just ONE wall.  (Notice some heads peeking out?)
Above the paper racks were layout ideas galore.  I found some unique papers for my stash and had a ball sorting through their 25 cent bin and sale section.

Vic and Jen taking a moment from their shopping to smile for the camera.
Sue is working on filling her basket!

Next on our agenda was massages!  We headed over to the LaVida Spa and were pampered for the next hour.  I would post some pictures of how relaxed we looked afterward but we think that a big mistake was made.  Instead of the "hot" stones in the massages, we think they secretly replaced them with "ugly" stones!  If I were to post those photos I'd be shot!  A Dollar Store was next to the spa and we picked up crepe paper rolls so that Sue could show us how to make these cute and easy crepe paper rosettes.  Details in the post below!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

aww....bummed! I was just at MY Craft Room last week for a class..its not all that far for me.. woulda been happy to meet u gals! cher from ATT

Paper Squirrel said...

Man, I knew I should have checked your basket before we left each store! You got things I didn't even see...holding out on your sis?

Bev said...

I don't do scrapbooking however my dau does and I love sharing tips for her, but thinking these rosettes would be good with material also? I shall try that, so pretty.

Erin Glee said...

Yay for great shopping! I love that Tim Holtz pad you bought so much that I had to get TWO!