Thursday, September 8, 2011

Challenge Entry: Birthday Card

Oh what fun I've had playing in the studio today.  
Off from the regular job (except for email checking) means I can make a big mess...
and believe me, I did!  Finished this card for a few challenges:
I used the sketch from the "Stampin Daisies" challenge as I thought it would be a great way to use up those scrap strips that I just can't seem to throw out.  First I took sienna colored card stock and scored and folded for the card.  I used my new CTMH music stamp for the back ground on the base card, stamping with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  Next I layered in a book page and a scrap of green textured paper.  The right edges were torn.  I distressed both with Vintage Photo and Tea Dye Distress Inks.  I grabbed six coordinating strips and placed all the strips in a color arrangement that I thought looked best.  I admit...I had to keep looking back to the sketch to be sure they were layered correctly!  I trimmed the ends down AFTER I had placed all the pieces.  Then I stamped the sentiment and bird with Cocoa Archival Ink on a piece of beige cardstock.  I punched the sentiment out with my Fiskars scalloped circle punch and hand cut the bird out.  Finally I added the three brads.
A quick card and a great way to use up scraps! 
I'll be using this sketch again.
Here are the Challenges this card is entered in:

5 comments:

Paper Squirrel said...

Love all the layers and how you stamped the bird on the book page.

ShersL84bed said...

Great job on the sketch challenge Cindy. Very pretty, love the little song bird.

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

Jessica Kubit said...

I LOVE this card. It is beyond beautiful.
thanks so much for participating in the challenge!
Jessica
http://thecreativestamperspot.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

Thanks for joining Southern Girls "Birthday Hop" with your brilliant card. Good luck,Julie.x

karenw said...

Love this! The use of pages and the colouring is briliant! Such a cute bird as wel.

thanks for joining in the southern girls blog hop. xx