Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sharing: Pet Sympathy Cards

Yesterday marked three months since I lost my Louie. 
For new followers, Louie was my 12 year old bulldog and we adored each other. 
Not ever having had kids, he was my boy. 
Luckily I still have my girl...Millie...another bulldog who is almost 10 years old.

Unfortunately the sad day of parting arrives for all of us who love our pets.
It helped that I received so many beautiful sympathy cards and even flowers. 
It meant the world to me.

Today I want to share three very special cards that were created especially for my loss.  I hope their creators don't mind that I'm posting them.   I hope that they will remind you that people who lose their pets need a sympathy card too.
I've also included the special "Thank You" card I sent out.
This card was made by my BFF Sue. 
She loves all things old and vintage so it didn't surprise me that she found this old leather collar to add to the card.  The Tim Holtz "tag" was perfect and all the paper textures really made the card unique.   I also love that she included Louie's name on the front.  Such a beautiful card!
This card was a collaboration between my sister Jen and my niece.
Jamie did the pencil drawing of Louie.  It has foam tape lifting it off of the distressed background.  They used a Cricut to cut out his name.  Simple, but oh so special!
This card was made by my sister Vic (the PAPER SQUIRREL herself). 
She used a printed photo of Louie that she popped off the card with foam tape.  She printed the "Rainbow Bridge" poem directly onto the kraft card paper.  The black and white gingham ribbon and dog paw tie it all together.  Another wonderful card! 

All the cards I received will be going into Louie's scrapbook.  This book is huge!  I have pictures of him from the time he was a few weeks old up until the day before he passed.  He LOVED having his picture taken and would actually pose...because he got paid with biscuits and he LOVED biscuits!
He even won a few photo contests and come Halloween time, I will share a very special picture of him with all of you.

Finally, I wanted to thank those who sent flowers and cards, the vet and the crematorium.  So I created this card:
I used PhotoShop to create the picture, printed it and attached to black cardstock.  I punched the little paw print out and it showed white from the insert inside:
I found the quote from Sir Walter Scott and thought it was so appropriate.

2 comments:

Paper Squirrel said...

Aww, Lou-Lou Bell...can't believe it's been 3 months. Such a special boy he was.

Zoey and the furballs said...

Not having kids myself, I think of my cats the way you think of Louie. When I lost McKenzie a few years ago, it was the hardest thing for me so I know some of how you must be feeling. The cards are beautiful and it's nice to know that you have a lot of people who understand what you've been going through.