Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tim Holtz's "12 Tags of Christmas" Day 10

Wow, I'm finally in double digits in my "Tim Tag" quest!
You can see Tim's actual tag HERE.   I followed his original tag pretty closely. 
 I LOVE the transfer technique Tim demoed for the facets.  Another use for my big roll of aluminum duct tape!  Even if you're not making a tag, it's worth checking this technique out!  I can see these as awesome charms, ornaments, etc. and will definitely be making more of them.
I cut my letters from black cardstock using the Cricut and SCAL software.  I did two of each and glued them together to make them thicker.  I then added the gold paint and Glossy Accents.
I had a couple of old green bulb ornaments I had picked up at the thrift store.  I used sandpaper and turned them into silver bulbs!  I also used a bit of hot glue to hold them to the card.

No comments: