Monday, July 9, 2012

Quick & Easy Gift Idea

 I recently saw something similar online and recreated it to use as a gift for my Dad.  I've been hoarding....I mean SAVING Marzetti dressing bottles for a while as "I think I can make something out of these".  The jar worked perfectly as it held a bag of M & Ms (with just a few left over for me).  I took a strip of double sided scrapbook paper and created the "sleeve" over the jar.  Double sided tape kept the sleeve from falling down.  I used PhotoShop to create the sentiment and then printed it on and matted it with the same paper as the sleeve.  This was then glued to a craft tag.  I tied twine around the jar and knotted.   The tag is attached to the twine with an artist pin.
For the top, I stamped "Dad" (from 7 Gypsies) and punched it out.  Then punched the coordinating mat.  The larger punch fit perfectly on top of the lid. Double sided tape held it to the top of the lid.
A quick and easy gift that you could create for anyone!
This project is entered into the following Challenges:
That Craft Place--Anything Goes

5 comments:

Waseem said...

Look easy to do...I will keep it in mind
Send gifts to pakistan and will use it.

Unknown said...

so cute! and I'm guessing those are peanut m&m's! yummy!

michele hileman said...

Oh how cute. And a great idea.

Thank you for sharing

Tina Campbell said...

That is a really cute idea!

Paper Squirrel said...

Even cuter in person! Great idea!