Monday, August 27, 2012

Scrapbook Pages: Louie

A few weeks ago I was on my "Craft-cation", a week spent in the studio (and on the beach).  Been doing this for years.  First it was just my sister joining me.  Then a few years ago my Mom joined in.  This year BFF Sue came for four of the days as well.  What a great time we had!  We shared techniques and supplies and definitely gave my new margarita maker a workout!  I also got a lot of scrapbook pages done, so I thought I would start sharing them.

First up are four pages I did to begin completing the book I have for Louie, my bulldog who passed away in June of 2011.  Last year's Craft-cation was much too soon to try and attempt these pages.  But this year I worked hard on documenting the last year and a half of his life.  I still have two more pages in the works and I may share those later.

11th Birthday
 First page was for his 11th Birthday.  Call me a crazy dog Momma but I have every birthday documented.  The crown embellishment is because his AKC registered name was:  Gemstone's King Louis Zeus. 
Supplies:
Paper:  Creative Imaginations, yellow and orange cardstock
Font (cut with SCAL/Cricut):  "A & S Pen & Ink Roman Bold"
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug
Distress Ink:  Rusty Hinge
Stamps:  MSE "Glitz Lower Numbers", MME Market Street "Adore"
Rub On Letters:  Fancy Pants "Double Alphas"
Circle Punches
Sleepy Good Dog
As he was getting older (and unknown to us at first) sicker, Louie spent a lot more time snoozing.  Luckily for us he didn't snore much.  Our first bulldog Mack was a terribly loud snorer.  Such a cute snoozy face!

Supplies:
Paper:  Reminisce "Good Dog" and cream cardstock
Font (cut with SCAL/Cricut):  "Segoe Print" and "A & S Black Swan"
Stamps:  CTMH "Universal Backgrounds"
Distress Ink:  Walnut Stain
Dog of My Heart
This page details just how much Louie meant to me and the special bond we shared.
Here I tried out my new Spellbinders banner die and borrowed a frame from sis.  How come I didn't know they made paper frames like this?!  I thought I had all the supplies known to man!  lol
Supplies:
Paper:  Paper House Productions "Dog Bones", Lost & Found "Cherish", WeR Memory Keepers Precious Metal "Coppered Out"
Font (cut with SCAL/Cricut):  "Cairo" and "Herkimer Bunrab NF"
Frame:  K & Company Embossed Frames
Spellbinders Die:  "Ribbon Banner"
Sticker:  Velum Sentiment
Pens:  LePen "Brown" and gold gel pen
12th Birthday
This was Louie's last birthday and looking at these pictures, I could really see how much he had changed in a year.  Congested Heart Failure was taking it's toll but he was doing pretty well right up until the day before we had to make that most difficult decision.  It's not unusual for a dog to decline so swiftly... literally overnight.

Supplies:
Paper:  Imaginisce "Party Poppers", pinks, white, blue, yellow, red, orange cardstock
Font (cut with SCAL/Cricut):  "A & S Brushwakker"
SVG files:  cupcake, candle
Stamps:  Stamper's Anonymous "Mixed Media"
Distress Ink:  Tumbled Glass, Spun Sugar
Distress Marker:  Worn Lipstick
Ribbon
Sticker Letters



3 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Awe that is a sweet tribute to you furry family member. The layouts turned out fabulous. It's something how these pics are so special to us and how many we take of them

Lisa Rea said...

Great pages and what a wonderful idea to preserve his memory.

Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

Paper Squirrel said...

Very sweet tribute to a sweet ol' boy.