Thursday, August 9, 2012

Using Gloss Paper to Make "Life" Card

I used to see the pack of GLOSS PAPER in the store and wonder what it was used for.  I discovered lots of great techniques through a couple of online classes and I used a variation of one of them to create this card.  To create the main image, I cut a rectangle of gloss paper and used alcohol inks on a felted blending pad to create the streaky sky.  It was easy to drag stripes horizontally across the paper and the colors blended beautifully using a little alcohol ink blending solution.  To create the sky I used these alcohol inks--Purple Twilight, Sailboat Blue, Sunshine Yellow, Lettuce and Meadow.
On top of that I stamped the flower image and sentiment using Jet Black Archival Ink.  For best results, use Archival Ink over alcohol inks.  Stamps used:  Inkadinkado "Meadow" & Tim Holtz "Attic Treasures"
I found a piece of yellow scrap that matched the yellow ink and used that as my card base.  A scrap of purple cardstock was embossed, sanded and then inked with Wild Honey Distress Ink.  This gives it a real distressed look that I really like.
I found a scrap of purple ribbon in my stash and didn't have a button that I liked.  So I found a white button and colored it with Sunshine Yellow alcohol ink...perfect!

This card is entered into the following Challenges:
(ribbon or bow--embossing folder (my choice)--buttons)
(buttons--ribbon--stamp)


15 comments:

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous I love the background you have created and gorgeous yellow.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Pauline
x

Beryl said...

A lovely meadow scene - great background and stamping.
Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Unknown said...

absolutely beautiful! Love the alcohol inks. I always forget to use mine.

Paper Squirrel said...

Great sky! Love the silhouette flowers too.

sue-b said...

Your card is beautiful and i love the stamp, thank you for sharing with us at CD Sunday.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Summer Daniels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

This is such a gorgeous card! I love the bright colors, that image and the sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy this week! Good luck! Hugs and sunshine

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, love the way you ha e done the image, but which CD did you use.

Margaret

Christine said...

A lovely card and I like the design, however you do not say if you have a CD somewhere in your design.
Christine x
CD Sunday DT

Katya- Ангел в кедах said...

I love the background and the image, its just gorgeous!

Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy!
Hugs Katya x

P.S I am having a blog giveaway at my personal blog, you are very welcome to join
http://madewithlovebykatya.blogspot.ie/2012/07/my-blogs-1st-birthday.html

Michelle Looi said...

Great lemon-y color! Love the brightness!
THanks for joining us at 365cards~
Michelle

Shelley said...

Very beautiful card Thank you for sharing with us at Tuesday Alchemy!

*hugs* Shell x

Cazro said...

A stunning card, but from your description, it appears not to have any part of a CD included in it's creation, which if so, sadly it will not be entered for a prize.
CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

Eileen Ng-Frumkin said...

I love the silhouette against the beautiful sunset you've created! Great job integrating all of these techniques for our BINGO challenge this week at Tuesday Alchemy!

Eileen

Tina Campbell said...

Wow this is a beautiful card! IO love the tutorial to the card and will give it a try, it'll give me a reason to get the alcohol inks. TFS