Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Tim Tag #1

Earlier this year I took a great online class from Tim Holtz called "Creative Chemistry 101" where he not only explained all his products, but he also gave some great examples on how to use them.  This card was done using a Distress Resist technique on embossed kraft cardstock.  While I can't go into details, I will provide you with the LINK to Tim showing his most popular Distress Ink techniques.  He truly is the master!
I demoed this tag during "Craft-cation" to my guests and they loved how their tags turned out.   Here's one tip I can give:  use alcohol inks to make a bright brass charm (clock shown below) more vintage/grungy looking.  Black Soot, Silver Metallic and Mushroom are the three colors I use the most.

This tag is entered into the following Challenges:

9 comments:

Paper Squirrel said...

Tim-tastic! ;-)

Christy said...

Okay...that tag is seriously AWESOME!! Thanks for joining us at ABAC :) :)

Tina Campbell said...

Wow that is an awesome piece!

Julia S-W said...

Such a beautifully inky tag which, being a huge TH fan, appeals to me very much!! I've done the 101 too and it's teaches you so much doesn't it - this is now very much in evidence in your tag.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABAC's first challenge and I hope you'll join us again soon.
Juliaxx

An'Jenic G. said...

Beautiful Tag. I must say it say vintage all over. Great pick in colors. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Simply Create Too DT AJ~

CarlaKH said...

Ohh love this! I love anything Tim Holtz and this tag is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at ABAC challenge!

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Thanks for sharing your T!m-i-licious tag project with everyone at ABAC! I too signed up for the class and I am slowly getting time to try everything out. Look forward to seeing more of your work :)

MJ's Kraze said...

Love the vintage/ age look of this tag. Thanks for joining us over at ABAC.

Jess said...

Beautiful project! Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at ABAC!