Thursday, May 9, 2013

Shadow Inked Card

Today I'm the featured designer over at CARD A DAY BLOG and the theme is "Sympathy".
 No one likes having to send out a sympathy card but they truly can bring comfort to a grieving person.  And since the need for these can be unexpected, it's always good to have a quick and easy--yet elegant--technique up your sleeve.   
So here's how I put this card together:
1.  First I stamped my flower image on a scrap of cream cardstock using Hero Arts Shadow Ink (Soft Sand).  I love this ink and should use it more!  It gives just the right amount of color to this Queen Anne's lace image (from Inkadinkado--Meadow).  Then over that image I stamped the sentiment (MSEI #M123 Sympathy Sentiments) in  Coffee Archival Ink.  Using a blender tool, I lightly added Peeled Paint Distress Ink around all the edges then  matted it on scrap green cardstock.
2.  I used kraft cardstock as the card base.  A piece of scrap designer paper was attached to it, which I cut smaller in order to use the kraft as the "mat".  Notice there is a larger margin at the top.  Then I attached the sentiment layer sightly above this.
And it's done!  Quick yet elegant and not bulky for easy mailing. While you've got your supplies out, work up several of these using up those lovely pieces of scrap designer paper.  Then you'll be prepared the next time you need a sympathy card.

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful card Cindy! Love all the different colors and textures on it. Just beautiful