Monday, August 19, 2013

Scrapbook Layout: Father's Day & Sketch Tips

As I mentioned I pumped out quite a few scrapbook pages while I was on vacation a few weeks ago.  One of the ways I was able to do this was to use sketches.  Over the years, I have collected sketch ideas a couple of different ways.  First I would rip ones I liked out of magazines.  I have them in a binder, which makes it very easy to glance through.  Then I started collecting them on my computer.  I would copy and paste the ones I liked onto an ongoing document file.  (One place to find lots of sketch ideas are the challenge blog listing sites like PAPER PLAYFUL.  After all the challenge listings, they post various sketches.) The newest and easiest way to collect sketches is Pinterest.  Just do a search for sketches and you'll have a ton to choose from.  Just create a board and pin away!  
If you like the sketch I used above, you can find it at www.gotsketch.blogspot.com.  It is #106.
Materials used in this project:
Paper:  TPC Studio "Reel Me In Dad"
Letters:  American Crafts Thickers in Chestnut
Punch outs:  ColorBok
Stamp:  Stampers Anonymous "Mixed Media"
Distress Inks:  Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain
Distress Markers:  Vintage Photo
Type Style:  Travel Typewriter

1 comment:

Paper Squirrel said...

Very nice layout! Templates are a good way to spark a great layout.