Monday, October 20, 2014

Tombstone Card

This spooky card was created for the newest Creative Cutting Challenge--Anything Goes.   If you create with an electronic cutter and SVG (or similar software) files, I hope you'll join in and check out all the great Design Team inspiration! 
I took the tombstone file from Halloween Set Three and turned it into a card.
I cut the base from black cardstock, the top and bottom strips from a granite looking cardstock and the front from gray cardstock.  I hand cut a piece of white to go behind the skull area.  I used Distress Ink and Distress Marker (Black Soot) to shade all the pieces.  I highlighted with the Picket Fence Distress Marker.  I then went over all the areas with a fine black Sharpie, adding the details, cracks and the little mouse.
For the inside, I cut the skeleton from the same set and put him on a wobble.
I stamped the sentiments using white pigment ink and then went over with a white gel pen.
Card entered into the following Challenges:
View blog post for supplies

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy, what a fun idea! Love the card!

Paper Squirrel said...

Love this! Super spooky with a touch of whimsy. Great details too...like the cute little mouse on the front. :-)

Marina said...

Great spooky card - I love the white highlights and the spider.

BethieJ said...

Such a GREAT Halloween Card!
Thanks for joining us at AI last week!
Have a GREAT day!