Monday, June 8, 2015

Photo Invitation Hack

A big birthday is coming up for my dad and I'm in charge of invitations.  I knew I wanted to design something special so I went to my Craft Artist program.  This is so easy to use that I actually prefer it over Photoshop for creating. I came up with the two invitation sides you see here.

Next I started looking at the prices of photo invitations and even from discount printers (Snapfish) they are pricey and I couldn't see how I could use my design with them.  Plus I had to order in large quantities.
So I thought about it and came up with a very easy solution!
First I sized and sent off to be printed (Snapfish) the front (top) of the invitation as a regular 4" x 6" glossy photo.  I wanted postcard style invites so I laser printed the back (bottom) side onto white card stock. I was able to get three on an 8 1/2" x 11" piece.  I trimmed them out, attached them to the back of the photo with double sided tape and they were done!  I put them into black envelopes which I addressed with a white gel pen.
I could have printed two backs at the bottom of an 11" x 8 1/2" piece of card stock, scored and cut them into cards, attaching the photo to the top.  That would still have been a better option than anything I could have had professionally printed.  I looked into those.  They were very pricey and the inside would not accept my design.  I would have had to use just their text configuration.
So there you are...two easy (and cheap) hacks for either photo postcard or photo invitations!

No comments: