Saturday, September 19, 2015

Burlap Roses and Barn Wood

Burlap continues to be hot, hot, hot!  Pair it with barn wood and you've got a shabby super duo!
So how do you make them?  It's so easy and the best tutorial I found is this one:
I made my rose from a scrap piece of burlap.  To cut a straight strip, pull one horizontal string and then cut in the space created.  You can see it demoed Here.
To create the leaves, I simply cut a leaf shape from scrap burlap and pulled out all the loose strings.  Using a paint brush, I lightly swiped on green paint.
Here it is added to a barn wood sign I painted:
The wrapped jute under the flower and leaves is also used to hang the sign.
 Here are some more burlap flowers I created:
I made another rose and this time I added it on top of a die cut flower.  Yes, you can use your die cutter to cut burlap!  I used scrap burlap threads in the buttons.
Here's a picture of the sign these flowers went on: 






No comments: