Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Americana Painted Metal Cake Cover

I'm making head way on my goal to get my massive stash of surfaces painted.  And I have many vintage metal cake covers just waiting to be transformed.  I took two and put this lovely Americana design from Kim Klassen on them.  (By the way, when I went to find a link to Kim's website I discovered that she is no longer designing painting patterns and is instead doing still life photography and teaching Photoshop! She still is creating beautiful things...just not in paint.)
I had these stashed away unprimed (many of my metal items are spray primed) and since it is dead of winter here in Northern Michigan, I used brush on metal primer which is available in craft stores.
To protect the finish, I varnished with several coats of satin poly acrylic.
Hand wash only and I don't recommend soaking it.
These will be for sale at my upcoming spring antique/vintage show in Davisburg Michigan.

No comments: