Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Painted Vintage Window

Here's an original sunflower design I painted on a vintage window.  
Plain windows can often be found at your local Re-Store or vintage markets.  You will need to use acrylic paint made for glass or add a medium to the paint so that it will adhere properly.  I've found that it also helps to make sure your base coat is completely dry (over night) before going on to shading and highlighting.  You can hang a piece like this on the wall like any other painting or add eye hooks to the sash and hang in a window.  I've also taken windows and leaned them on my fireplace mantle.  So many ways to decorate with them!

This piece sold last weekend but you can see lots of other great hand painted items at my next show is in Saginaw Michigan
Details can be found HERE


No comments: