Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sharing: Easter Cards

As I mentioned in a previous post...it's a snowy Sunday here in Northern Michigan...the perfect time to hole up in the studio and get creative!  So today I worked on Easter cards.  And I have to say, I surprised myself.  I actually CUT into my Tim Holtz Seasonal Paper Stash and used one of the stickers...it was hard, but I did it!  I also went into the closet and hauled out my sewing machine which gets used about once a decade.  I've been wanting to stitch on cards and today was the day. 
This one is my favorite.  I stamped and distressed the blue background card with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I used my Cricut and SCAL to cut the bracket piece on some vintage looking paper and distressed that too.  Behind the bracket piece is a piece of SU chocolate chip cardstock and the chicks are from the Tim Holtz Stack.  I stitched around the cardstock and added a 7 Gypsies velvet flower and coordinating button.
I used the same blue cardstock but stamped with Tumbled Glass DI then distressed with Vintage Photo.  The design is a piece of a laser cut strip I'd had in my stash which I also distressed and glued onto a strip of black cardstock.  Above that is a piece of velvet ribbon.  The wording was done with rub ons.
For this card I used another piece of that laser cut strip which I distressed with Vintage Photo.  Same blue cardstock as the cards above which I distressed then added a piece of decorative paper to the left side.  I copied a book page which I distressed and stitched to the cardstock.  The "Eggs" is the Tim Hotz sticker.  I took Tumbled Glass and Vintage Photo and used my water brush to put the color on the white flowers.  I used alcohol ink on the brad for the center of the flower.
Check the post below.  I have one more Easter card to share.  I've included the SVG file so you can make one too!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

very pretty cards, great job

crotnem said...

Your cards are cool.

Anonymous said...

You had fun indeed!!! Your card are beautiful!!

Sue in CT said...

Wow! Your braver than I am. My Holtz paper is still in the cabinet without a sheet missing...LOL. I am working up the courage I just hope it comes out as wonderful as your cards did. These are all very pretty!