Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sharing: Stickles Holder

I mentioned in May that I thought I had the "World's Best Mom".  Well, I do and she is married to the "World's Best Dad"!  I'm very blessed to have two very talented parents who have passed on their creativity to me.  As a child my Dad would play a game with us where he would draw a picture and we had to guess what it was.  An easy game, as he draws beautifully.  My Dad is also an awesome and very precise woodworker.  He has made me so many wonderful things, from a cedar hope chest to tables to benches to this beautiful arbor the dogs posed on:
If I ever need anything craft wise, I just tell him and he creates it!  Remember the altered clipboard project I shared with you?  He made the base.  Recently I wanted a Stickles holder similar to something I had seen online.  Well, he made me one and it was even BETTER than anything I'd seen.
I'm so blessed to have my Dad in my life. 
His birthday is next week...he'll be 76 years young. 
This picture was taken last year:
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD!
(Yes...he reads my Blog)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. Would he be interested in making them to sale?

Hugs
Dusti
www.scrappinwithcricut.com

SiskiyouSue said...

Great idea! You are indeed lucky, with my dad were still around.

Zoey and the furballs said...

What a great holder. You are so lucky to have him around.

Joanne said...

Your dad and my dad are about the same age. My dad is not as crafty as yours but is still just as special to me :-) Lets just say we are both very lucky ladies to have such wonderful men in our lives.
I love the seated arbor he made you. What a gift. And what fun to have a nice stickle holder! I love the handle as well.

Danka Doo said...

How wonderful!! I do not have my father any longer but was blessed with a great one who was gifted with woodworking. The items he made are the most treasured and for me my large "L" shaped table the made for my scrapbook room tops the list. Each time I sit down at it, I give it rub and tell him thank you. AND I LOVE that your dogs are posing on this handiwork too. Great picture.

Anonymous said...

I loved your idea for your stickles. I had my significant other peek at your site and showed him this. He said do you need one of those. I said yes. Mine is similiar to yours. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with the rest of the world.