Monday, March 19, 2012

TOP 10 SUPPLIES---#3

Were you surprised that the two most important items in my studio are electronic?  I was!  But those are the two things I use the most...almost for every creative project.  The next item on my list seems pretty simple in comparison, but let me tell you, it's essential!
#3---CRAFT MAT
This is something I bought on a whim...and I loved it even before I got heavily into Tim Holtz's style, which uses it in almost every project.  It was perfect for making my domino ornaments as Glossy Accents do not stick to it.  I use it as a palette for "painting" with Distress Inks.  I simply press the ink pad onto the mat and paint.  I use it for all inking,  painting and glueing.  Inks, paint & Stickles clean up with a baby wipe.  If there is Glossy Accents or other glue dried on it, I take an old credit card and scrape it off easily.  Only one thing to remember...don't cut on it!  Yes, I have a few slits in the mat from not following that advice.  But the mat still works even though it's not real pretty.

1 comment: