Monday, January 21, 2013

Vintage Love Valentine's Day Card

I love black, white and red (check out my closet!) so I really liked using the vintage photo on this card because it allowed me to use my favorite colors.  And it was quick and easy to create!  The base is black cardstock (4.25" x 11") folded in half.  I printed the vintage image on white cardstock and trimmed it with a "photo" edge.
Then I cut out the embellishments using red cardstock.  The scrolled heart file is from my "Valentine Hearts" SVG set which you can purchase HERE.  I added Glossy Accents to the heart portions only to give them dimension.  
The heading came from my "Valentine" SVG set which you can purchase HERE.  To give the heading and the embellishment more dimension, I used a Black Soot Distress Marker and a water pen to shade the edges.
This is my Design Team submission for the Creative Cutting Challenge's newest challenge--Valentine's Day Cards.  If you use an electronic cutter and SVG (or similar) files to create your Valentine's cards, I hope you'll join in the fun...you just might win a $5 Gift Certificate valid on over 100 different SVG files.  And even if you're not entering, CLICK over to see all the great Valentine's Day Card inspiration from the entire Design Team!

No comments: