Thursday, September 26, 2013

Scrapbook Layout: Halloween

It's been years and years since I've been able to get hubby to dress up and attend a Halloween party. So last year's event warranted a layout!  Luckily I had the perfect paper and embellishments I'd been hoarding:
Echo Park Paper Co.  "Wicked Potions" and Die Cuts With A View "Web" paper and stickers.  I accented the page with ribbon from Cosmo Cricket ("Haunted").  The title was punched using a circle punch from a sheet of Paper Pizzazz "Typewriter Alphabet" letters.  Areas were distressed with Black Soot Distress Ink.
And now a little tip!  Here's how I got straight hand lettered journaling without using a pencil or vanishing marker.  And in this case, journaling on black paper would have made any added pencil lines very hard to see.  I lightly taped my journaling block to a ruled cutting mat.  Then with a t-square ruler as a guide, I wrote out my details in a white gel pen.  Nice and straight and nothing to erase!
Entered into the following Challenges:

3 comments:

Paper Squirrel said...

Love it! Of course the photos are just too priceless. :-)

Jana said...

Congrats on getting hubby to the party. LOVE it when you have the perfect supplies to make the layout. This is a great one too.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at OPUS GLUEI.

Rosemary said...

Love this layout, your costumes are great and the papers you've selected work beautifully. You make an awesome Skeleton Princess and your husband looks like he was having a good time too, even with his sketchy dental work! Love that you were able to get him to the party. Also, thanks for the great tip for straighter lettering, that is something I do struggle with and this might make mine look a little less haphazard!

Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Opus Gluei!