Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring "Shower" Gift Bag and a SVG Freebie!

 Springtime seems to be THE time for showers:  personal, bridal and baby.  Last year I was planning a bridal shower and bachelorette party.  This year it's a baby shower...all for the same sister!  So when I decided to make this Watering Can file for the current SVG Cutting Challenge, I thought it would be perfect to incorporate into something shower orientated.

I used a plain white gift bag and created the background from patterned blue and green cardstock, framed in patterned pink cardstock.  The watering can was cut from plain gray cardstock and patterned paper which I shaded with Black Soot Distress Ink.  I used the same ink and a dotted stamp to add the "holes" to the spout.  Liquid Pearls created the "water drops".
The flowers came from the Flower Set One set.  They were cut in different sizes from patterned pink paper and cream cardstock which I shaded with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.  Pink and white Stickles were added to the flower center swirls.  I also cut leaves (from the Leaves & Branch set) from plain cardstock and patterned green paper.






The heading was cut from cardstock and you can grab it free HERE

If you use an electronic cutter, I hope you'll join in the "Spring" Challenge and show us your SVG creations! Just click Here for information.






1 comment:

Ruth G said...

What a sweet and clever gift bag! I love the watering can (shading, holes and water drips are perfect!) Lovely flowers, too!