Thursday, January 8, 2015

Vinyl Ornaments

This year I made a few vinyled ornaments for nieces/nephews.  Each of these was done on the flat round ornaments, which I feel is much easier to get the vinyl on properly.  I wanted a "hippy" look to the top ornament so I dripped yellow, red and green alcohol inks inside.  I used blending solution to remove the color from the area where the design was.  The design is cut from black permanent vinyl.  I decorated the ornament with black mesh and green and red ribbons. 
This ornament had a blue glitter backing applied.  I used painter tape around the edge to get a crisp border between the glitter and the front of the glass.  I applied a thick coat of Aleene's Tacky Glue and then sprinkled on the glitter.  Once the glue was dry, I gently brushed off any loose vinyl and removed the tape.  The design is layered permanent vinyl.  The ornament was decorated with yellow mesh and blue ribbon.


No comments: