Laundry day is always brighter when you have beautiful hangers! Here's a fun and easy project to turn a plain wooden hanger into something beautiful for yourself or to give as a gift.
I was inspired by this Pinterest Pin. I simplified the project and my directions are below.
- Unfinished wooden hanger(s)--I got mine from Ikea
- Decorative napkins--I used Waverly's Blossom Hill
- Mod Podge
- Embellishments--I used ribbon and a rose
- Glue Gun
1. Unfold napkin and pull off the top (decorated) ply. Discard the other plies.
2. Rip up napkin into small pieces
3. Using finger, apply ModPodge to hanger, working in small sections. Place torn napkin piece over the ModPodge and rub a coat of ModPodge over each piece to smooth it into place. Be sure not to rub too hard or napkin will tear. Continue process until entire top part of hanger is covered with decoration. You may want to add a final coat of ModPodge over it to create a smooth finish. Set aside to dry completely.
4. Embellish with a ribbon and silk flower. I tied the ribbon around the metal hook and hot glued it to the top of the hanger. The rose was hot glued to the center of the ribbon.