Friday, July 31, 2015

Christmas in July--Ornament Project Part 3

 Over the last two days I've shown off the special ornaments I painted as a 50th Anniversary gift for my parents.  I used the designs from Lynne Andrews design book Christmas Blessings to create the porcelain ornaments.  Today I'm showing you the bentwood box that stores them.

Here's the top of the box.  You'll notice that I added a thin red line on the edge of the box.
The sides are painted with  a cute checked pattern.
The final picture is a little topper to go on the top of the tree.  I created the leaf from water color paper and the stem is a piece of leather lacing.  The base is an inverted candle cup.
Hope you enjoyed this look at a my special project.  It was definitely a labor of love and my siblings are well aware that someday it will be coming back to me!

No comments: