Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Multi-media on Slate

I was recently contacted to recreate something a customer had found a picture of.  I'm always happy to create custom pieces and tried to produce something SIMILAR to what she had found.  The result is this mixed media piece that was done on a piece of vintage roofing slate.
First I painted the slate with a rust color.  Over that I decoupaged book page tissue paper.  Another coat of paint and lots of shading on top of all of this.  Next I designed and painted the wine bottle and glass.  I also painted the sentiment. 
The stamp was decoupaged on after some distressing.  I used two of my rubber stamps to add the cancellation marks.  More painted shading added to these elements.  The entire piece was sealed and I added the chain hanger.
This was to be a gift for a special friend of my customer.  I hope she likes it!

No comments: