Friday, January 29, 2016

40th Birthday Pop Up Box Card

On Monday we celebrated my little sister's 40th birthday.  I created this pop up box card using my electronic cutting file available HERE.  This SVG makes creating this card super fast and easy.   
I cut the base from a piece of black 12" x 12" card stock and scored it according to the directions.  The decorative flaps were cut from double sided card stock.  
Everything was glued together and the box was done.  It literally took less than 5 minutes from the time I put the paper on the mat, cut, scored and assembled.
Here's how the card looks flattened.  Now it was time for the fun part...decorating the card! 
I cut out these elements for the card.  I created the balloon, cake and banner elements as SVGs.  The other elements were made from existing files or shapes available on SCAL.   I stamped the sentiments in the talk bubbles.  I added Stickles here and there for accents.  Once everything was dry, I hand cut strips of sturdy acetate and attached the elements to the box and box tabs. 



Check back next week for more 40th Birthday Party items I created for my sister's party!

No comments: