Monday, February 1, 2016

40th Birthday Party Banner and Photo Prop

One of the best things about being "crafty" is being able to make custom items for special events.  For my sisters big 40th birthday, I created this fun banner to decorate with.  I cut two layers of each banner piece from 8.5" x 11" cardstock.  I used double sided tape to put the layers together and strung them with doubled black cotton thread. 
The perfect size for me was three "40s", and two each of the "Party Time" and "Over the Hill". 


Here's how the banner looked hung up at the party
My other sister (shown below), suggested I make a glasses photo prop for the party.
Super simple to cut two from chipboard (or cereal boxes), glue together, paint and varnish and then add a dowel handle attached with Glossy Accents.  I added Stickles to the "Forty" portion for a bit of glitz  
If you'd like to make these for yourself, I've put the set up on  Etsy
You can get it HERE
As soon as I get a few extra minutes, I'll be adding a few other "milestone" years as well!

PS...do you follow me on Facebook?  If not you should as I have a link to a FREE SVG FILE there that I posted on January 30th.  Just click over HERE

No comments: