Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Anniversary Card

Happy Anniversary to my sister and BIL!  I sent them this red and black card (yes, I do love red and black).  I got inspiration for this card from Pinterest.  Over a black card stock base, I added a layer of cropped 6 x 6 decorative edged paper from Little Yellow Bicycle.  I cut a red square from another piece of edged paper and added that next.  On top of that I placed a stamped sentiment (Lawn Fawn) that I placed inside a rectangular border (Stampers Anonymous) and a hand cut heart which was scrap from the reverse side of the first layer.  Under the red square I added a strip of washi tape and created layered flowers using three sizes of punches. 
I added foam dots between the flower layers and accented them with dots of Liquid Pearls (Silver Pearl).  Some final touches were adding the inked border around the heart with a thin Sharpie and shading here and there on all elements with a Distress Marker (Pumice Stone) and a water pen.
 This card would also be awesome with a Valentine's Day sentiment.

No comments: