Thursday, January 7, 2016

Painted Snowman Jars

I think snowmen can be as easy or as complicated as you wish to paint.  
Therefore, EVERYONE can paint a snowman--no excuses!  
If you've never painted one, grab some paint and give one a try.--you just need white, orange and black. 
Use a cotton swab and toothpicks if you don't have a brush:  Pounce on the white paint with the swab.  Drag out a nose with orange paint on the toothpick. Use the pointed end of the toothpick to dip and dot black to make the eyes and mouth.  You can do it!!
Over fourteen years ago I painted the jar shown above.  I don't remember whose design the top is painted with but I do believe that I designed the label.  I would have used glass paint on that and regular acrylics on the wooden top.  I believe I filled it with peppermints and either gave it away or sold it at a craft show.
Here's a super easy glass painting snowman.  I can see that I stenciled the snowflakes.  I painted this in 2006.  One nice thing about blogging is I now have a better record of what I create.


No comments: