Wednesday, March 23, 2016

French Roses Tray

Today I'm featuring another chalk painted tray that I used the Poly Transfer Method on.  The french typography came once again from The Graphic Fairy.  For this piece, I added hand painted roses using regular acrylic (Americana/Ceramcoat) paint.  To see the stages of the creation, please scroll down. 
The first thing I did was paint the tray using chalk paint from DecoArt Americana.  Once that was dry, I transferred the french wording using the Poly Transfer Method.   
I painted the roses using regular acrylic paint.  
The design is a variation of a Ginger Edwards pattern. 
After all the roses and leaves were painted, I added faint layers of green and peach to the body of the tray to pull in the roses.  I then fly specked the tray using dark green and burnt sienna. 
I sealed the tray with poly acrylic varnish and then antiqued and varnished again. Finally, I painted the handles and edge rim gold.  I also antiqued those and varnished.
I am very pleased with how this tray turned out.  The merger of transfer and hand painting created a unique one-of-a-kind piece.  I will be taking this tray with me to sell at the upcoming Davisburg Antique and Vintage Show
Edit:
Proud to announce that this tray was featured on 
You can read that post HERE



No comments: