Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Summertime Sign

My sister had some old boards she wanted painted into signs.  Last year I did one for Halloween that looked like the top sign featured HERE.  The others I had in my closet waiting for the right moment and inspiration to hit me.  She wanted one for summer so I designed this sign just for her. 
The flowers are inspired by Ros Stallcup.  I love her designs but her book directions seem hard to follow, at least they did when I was a younger painter!  I have quite a few of her books and usually, I just wing it. Luckily I see she now has some YouTube videos up, so I need to check them out and see if I can learn a thing or two! 
I used one of my thousands of fonts to put together this typography, outlining the white with black and adding yellow highlights. The sign got a coat of outdoor poly and I added wire to two of the many nail holes in it for hanging.  The last sign I made for her was for Thanksgiving.  But you'll have to wait until fall to see that one!



No comments: